Friday 4 May 2012

{SNAIL MAIL//MAKING MY DAY}



My day, in fact week, no in fact month, has just been made. How you ask? Well my friends, its a beautiful combination of snail mail and best friends. The simplest, yet best combination ever. Since everyone heading off to university, myself and my gorgeous friend Steph decided to stay in touch the old school way, through letters and post. Now I know everyone is kind of over sending post, ‘cause facebook and email, is totally like, free now. BUT letters have a real charm about them that I just love and could never give up. I rarely get post so the happiness it brings to my heart whenever I receive something is unreal, even if it is just a prewritten letter from Jack Wills about their new collection. So we’ve been sending letters for a while, and it really is such a great way to keep in touch, especially cause we’re quite the busy bees and a hi de ho here and there on Facebook just doesn’t make the cut. Letters mean you can say everything you need to say, makes you feel like you have someone you can really talk to long distance and not only do you feel good after writing it, you’ve just made someone else’s day too. So this morning, I woke up to the loveliest surprise as I popped out into the freezing cold (spring?) weather to retrieve the post and there sat a little wrapped parcel waiting for me. I let out a big ‘awww’ when I saw it was from Steph, and hurried inside to open it. Now let me tell you, Steph is genuinely, the loveliest, sweetest, hilarious and most generous I know (perfect combination for a best friend right?) and if you receive a gift from her, you know it’s bound to be a gooden. I tore of the brown paper to reveal a little vintage postcard of the Eiffel and a pretty girl in red standing in front of it with a cute message from Steph on the back. The present was wrapped in gorgeous pink paper from Paperchase and as I carefully opened it (whilst awwh-ing constantly as I did it, naturally) it revealed that she had bought me the loveliest cook book ever called ‘The Vintage Tea Party’, something I had been coveting for a while after my sister got it as a gift for Easter, someone who can read your thoughts is always a sign of a true friend! I was overwhelmed and it has truly made my month, leaving me smiling from ear to ear. Why not make someone else’s day today, it doesn’t have to be extravagant, it can just be a pretty little letter sent to a good friend or loved one to show them that you care. Go on, make someones day today, trust me it’s worth it. 
{the loveliest cook book and postcard}

{Looking forward to trying some of these recipes}

No comments:

Post a Comment