Wednesday 20 June 2012

{SUMMER HOLIDAYS//CYPRUS}

I recently got back from being on holiday with my family in Cyprus. When it comes to family holidays, they are the ultimate in relaxation as we pretty much don't do anything. Well other than eat, read and sunbathe, perfect combination right? By the end of the holiday, I had made my way through an absolute stack of books and eaten more bags of crisps than it bears thinking about. After so much hype, I decided to  read The Hunger Games trilogy whilst I was away and I was absolutely hooked. Some nights I stayed up really late like a right nerd reading it because I literally couldn't put it down, so as you might have guessed, I definitely would recommend it! We went out for dinner a couple of times which was lovely, Scampi being my dish of choice which was absolutely delish, and when we weren't eating out, my mum was cooking up a storm in the kitchen, making all sorts of yummy Greek dishes. On one of the days we decided to rent out a speedboat from the port and it was so much fun. We did a little tour of the island and Rosie popped in the water for a little dip, although we did struggle a fair bit trying to get her back in the boat again! I tried my hand at steering the boat and despite being quite excited, it's actually quite boring, but good nonetheless! By the end of the holiday we were ready to take our newly tanned, very mosquito bitten and extremely well read selves back to rainy old England and most importantly, back to our well missed friends.









No comments:

Post a Comment