Thursday 1 March 2012

// TO BLOG OR NOT TO BLOG.//

Blogs are rapidly becoming a highly important and popular aspect of our day to day lives and I felt that perhaps it was eventually time that I got involved. I always used to have preconceptions about blogs, imagining a large number of them consisted of slightly depressed kids pouring their hearts out over the internet but times are changing and blogs have become fashionable. You name it, there’s a blog for it, from fashion and interiors to celebrity gossip, everyones in on the blogging buzz and I felt it was about time I got in on it too. So here is where my blogging story begins, and I guess I came about looking into blogs in a seemingly peculiar way. It all started with easter last year when the time came for my friends and I to all decide what it was we were going to give up for lent, and as I was not there my friends decided for me - FACEBOOK. At first I was defensive, of course I don’t spend too much time on facebook…ah wait, yes maybe I do. I admit it, facebook is ridiculously addictive and something I am forever trying to detach myself from. So to take my mind off of my facebook cravings during the long weeks that span lent i decided to look into fashion blogs. I’d read about a few but never had the chance to look at them so now was my opportunity, one that turned out well worth the taking. I began with the Sartorialist, meandering through his gorgeous photography of street style and from there I discovered a number of different blogs that I’ve fallen in love with. My ultimate favourite of the moment would have to be www.cupcakesandcashmere.com, a blog that consists of an American called Emily’s own day to day personal style and outfits, delicious recipes and interior decor, all shown through beautifully shot photographs. The whole blog has a real light, fresh and youthful feel about it and checking it has become a daily routine of mine. I have always been hugely interested in fashion, interiors, photography and journalism and through looking at blogs it has made me realise that I’d love to explore a career that revolves around marketing and journalism virtually and online, as a new and ever changing aspect of the world that we live in. So here goes, let the blogging begin…

No comments:

Post a Comment